What Parents Should Know Before Enrolling a Child
1. Registration/Additional Days: There is a minimum enrollment requirement of 10 or 12 days. 10 day enrollment is only valid for campers attending two full consecutive weeks of camp, Monday-Friday. (The week in which 4th of July lands on does not count for the 10 day enrollment). Campers enrolled for 2, 3, or 4 days per week must attend for a minimum of 12 days. If a family has more than one camper attending, both campers are required to fulfill the minimum enrollment requirement. When registering you need to pick the day/week combination that you would like your child to attend. You will have an opportunity to remove up to one week per 4 weeks of enrollment (10 days) by May 15. Additional days may be added at any point, dependent on availability.
2. Absences/Make-up Days: Campers will be permitted 2 make-up days. The camp office must be notified by 9:00 a.m. the day of the absence; otherwise the make-up day will be forfeited. Make-up days are not guaranteed and are subject to availability. To schedule a make-up day, the camp office must be notified by 6:00 p.m. the day prior to your desired make-up. Children enrolled for the camp session of 39 days will not be eligible for any make-up days. No credits or refunds will be made in lieu of a make-up day. Make-up days may not be used towards field trips or extended day care.
3. Attendance: Please be aware and keep track of the days you have registered your child for camp. If you send your child to camp on a day that he/she is not registered for, or are using as a make-up without prior confirmation with the camp office, you will be charged $135 (a day and a half) for that day for your child to stay at camp. If there is no room in your child’s group for that day, you will be expected to immediately pick up your child from camp.
4. Deposit/Payments: A $300 deposit is required per child enrolled. The deposit is applied towards your tuition and is due in full by May 15, 2017, regardless when your child begins camp. If tuition is not received in full by May 15, your child’s spot and $300 deposit will be forfeited. Please make checks payable to Camp Funtime. We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa for credit card payments.
5. Schedule Changes: Prior to May 15, we will make every effort to accommodate changes to your child’s schedule; this includes switching of camp days, field trips or extended care. After May 15, you are allowed 2 schedule changes (switching of camp days, field trips or extended day care). After 2, you will be charged a $15 service fee for any changes made to your child’s schedule. This does not include adding additional days. *When it comes to removing days, please keep in mind our policy (you will have an opportunity to remove up to one week per 4 weeks of enrollment (10 days) by May 15).
6. Withdrawals/Refunds: In case of cancellation prior to May 15, a refund of your deposit and any other payments will be granted minus a $100 administrative fee. After May 15, there are absolutely no refunds- NO EXCEPTIONS. We do not offer refunds for camper’s time off, sick days, missed days, family vacations, partially missed days, or anything else that requires time off from camp. A single exception is made for a child who suffers a physical injury or illness after May 15 and prior to the start of camp, and whose physician in writing notifies the camp that the child cannot safely participate in the camp program. In this case, we will refund your tuition payed minus your $300 deposit. For a child who suffers a physical injury or illness once camp has started, and whose physician in writing notifies the camp that the camper cannot safely participate in the camp program. In this case, we will refund your unused tuition minus your $300 deposit. While Camp Funtime strives to make camp enjoyable for all campers, satisfaction with the experience is subjective on the part of the child and the parent. Therefore, it is understood and agreed that Camp Funtime cannot and does not guarantee or warrant any camper’s satisfaction. There are no refunds or moving days to the following summer for absences or unused make-up days. There are no refunds for a child who just does not like camp.
7. Groupings: Parents may request for their child to be grouped with two friends. Requests must be of the same age/entering into the same grade in the fall (if in 1st grade and above be of the same gender). The friends you are requesting, must also in return request your child. While we do everything possible to group friends together, there is no guarantee that your requests will be met. Under no circumstances will we group entire classes coming from one school. If we see that a group is forming like this, we will split the group into two. A huge part of camp is making new friends and building new relationships with peers.
8. Behavior/Dismissal from Camp: The Directors reserve the right to dismiss form camp any child whose behavior is deemed detrimental to the safe operation of the program. Should your child be dismissed from camp due to poor behavior or conduct, 50% of your unused tuition will be refunded.
9. Field Trips: Wednesdays are field trip days. Field trips are optional for children entering into Kindergarten and above in the fall. Cub campers do not attend field trips. If your camper chooses to opt out of field trips they can stay at camp for a regular day. Field trips are an additional fee, camp shirts must be worn by all children attending.
10. Hours/Extended Day Care (EDC): Regular camp hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Due to high enrollment, we give families a half hour window to drop off and pick up your children from camp. Morning drop off is from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and afternoon pick up is from 3:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. In the morning, children should not be dropped off with his/her counselors until 8:30 a.m. If you arrive early you will be expected to sit and wait with your child until 8:30 a.m. We do have EDC available for families needing to drop off earlier/ pick up later than our regular camp hours. Morning EDC is available starting at 7:30 a.m. and afternoon EDC is available from 4:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDC is an additional fee. Any parent who does not pick their child up by 6:00 p.m. will incur a late fee of $1 per minute of being late. Due to limited spaces in EDC any camper who enters into EDC, even for 1 minute will be charged for that day. Please be courteous, if you do not need to utilize EDC please drop off/ pick up your child during the regular designated times. We do understand that emergency’s come up, therefore you do not need to be preregistered up to utilize EDC. However, please note, if you are not preregistered for this program you will be charged accordingly.